Monday, August 4, 2008

I love Sundays

Sundays are my favorite days because we don't have anything on the schedule, except fun stuff. Yesterday was perfect.

I picked up Quigs and we went to the CARE garden plot at 7:45 a.m. to escape one of two weather forecasts. It was either going to be really muggy and hot or it was going to dump rain on us. In about an hour and a half we got everything weeded and looking pretty. It helped that the ground was damp. When we left we were covered in mud, but weren't going to get our garden mowed under.

We have sweet corn growing on our stalks as well as an awesome cool pumpkin... and our sunflowers are finally mammoth, mini and medium. :-)

Afterward, I went to our neighbors and fed their cats. Then I went home to find X-man playing "postman" with MacTroll and Riley in the front yard. His new fascination is taking the mail out of the mailbox, putting it into the trunk of his Little Tikes car and then driving away, only to return and put it back... along with things like chalk and toys.

The rest of the day was spent playing in the backyard or napping until 3 p.m. when we headed over to the Orpheum Children's Museum. On a day when the weather is questionable, it's a good place to be. X-man ran into his friends KRUF and TEUF while we were there. But the boys were heading in two separate directions, so we didn't get to visit much. Unfortunately, as I was taking pictures of an exhibit that always makes me sad at how poorly it's been maintained, I dropped my camera -- and it broke.

Lately, I've had the brain power of a tulip. So I wasn't surprised. But it was pretty sad. 

So, MacTroll took us out to dinner at Fiesta CafĂ©. Where X-man showed us that besides super sonic urination, jaws of steel and healing hugs, he can also CRUSH small packets of sour cream with one bare hand -- and send it squirting all over the wall. We were happy we chose to eat outside, but we still left the required, "I'm so sorry we have a 2-year-old" big ass tip. 

Mostly though, it made MacTroll and I laugh uncontrollably for a good three minutes, which was nice. Then at home we got to have a neighborhood kids outing in our front lawn. Our new neighbors, the Flynns, and most of the Wright clan were out and about. So the kids played and played, and the parents did the best they could to keep them out of the street. 

Excitement for this week includes: babysitting Curious J, picking up painting the fence again, KTDID's 2-day visit and a trip to Rolla, Mo., with my mother and toddler, while MacTroll stays behind to pet sit. 



1 comment:

~rachel~ said...

the sour cream squirt sounds funny!! We went to the gradens one day - awhile ago- but I didn't know which one was CARE's. I'll have to try and check it out before the year's over. We have about a million pumpkins- Mike seemed to have gone overboard with the planting!