Friday, August 28, 2009

Imagination Station

I have an active imagination. I day dream a lot. I can completely phase out in the middle of class, at work, driving on the highway, etc. I wander into my brain to places where I can be pretty, witty, smart -- in control.

I learned a long time ago that control is a pointless goal. My life has had too much change from year to year, from week to week or to minute to minute to have control issues. However, I do like to plan. I like contingencies, if at all possible. I like to plan ahead, so I don't have to deal with issues later. 

KTDID, my sister and my spouse would tell you how they find this endearing and annoying. I can't help it, it's the way I am. 

But sometimes, I think I spend too much time in my brain, alone. I'm not sure if it's just a reflection of my originality any more -- or an escape mechanism. Is it okay that it might be both?

1 comment:

iamarogers said...

If you stayed too long in there, you wouldn't be as productive of a person as you are. I think it's a great place to be. I use to have a place like that. It shrunk to non-existence as I got older. i'm glad you still have yours. :)