Monday, August 10, 2009

Shhhh! I'm herding kitty cats.

Today is the annual vaccination/examination for our three black and white cats. And every year for the last 6 they have gone in together. Mostly because it makes it easier not to have to make three different trips. So far I have 2/3 crated and ready to go. 

The last one is Clawdio. He's smarter than the other two, quieter and not at all food driven, which makes him the hardest to catch. Right now, he's underneath the bed. Usually when I lie down in bed and work on my laptop, he crawls out from under the bed, stretches and comes up to join me for some pets. 

Not so far this a.m. though. Maybe it's because MacTroll is still in room.

I might have to resort to dismantling the bed to get him, which is not how I wanted this to go. And if I bring the food up to him -- he knows trouble is coming and starts stressing. 


3 comments:

the sandwich life said...

I wish I was like clawdio....not food driven I mean....

Quigs78 said...

I always wondered how you got the cats out from under your bed. One night, Maya was under there and I needed to give her meds, and I panicked a little until she finally came out. I think she just wanted to see me sweat. :P

SunnyD said...

Yeah, I toss the blankets and pillows on the floor and slide the bed back. If I'm lucky he runs toward the headboard, which requires me to roll back some slats and pick him up. If I'm unlucky, it requires standing the mattress up completely off the bed, taking off all the slats and then picking him up. I got lucky this a.m.

All three cats are doing well. Luke needs a dental in February. And they're all amazingly at ideal weights.