Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It was a good day

Today started a little random when MacTroll decided to take his time getting up. He woke X-man up 45 minutes later than I normally do, which would normally put us 45 minutes late. As it turned out, we were able to cut a bit of the normal routine back (or hurry it up) and we got him to school only 30 minutes late. 

But the big news is that KTDID starts a mid-level management job at Developmental Services Center on Monday, which is awesome.

Plus, we had my aunt and uncle and cousin over for dinner. I made oil poached salmon with a garden cucumber salad and a spinach and strawberry salad for dinner. All are items that I can eat when I'm in the maintenance part of my diet (which comes up in a few weeks, hopefully). For dessert, I shared the Weight Watcher's chocolate cherry cupcakes from Quigs, the Cointreau Ghiradelli Chocolate Chip Cookies that X-man and MacTroll made earlier this week, and a new Cooking Light recipe, fresh chilled cherries with stems that you dip into a sweetened sour cream dip. We hadn't seen my family in FOREVER, so it was nice to spend time with them.

X-man is finally up to standing and making his way around on his leg. He still needs some support (usually holding a hand or onto a wall or piece of furniture) to get around upright. But tonight after school was the first time he got brave enough to go it alone. We cheer him on a bit, too. He also made it through school today without any potty incidents, which made me happy.

I'm also excited because my DVD set of the first season if Thirtysomething arrived today. KTDID and I used to watch it on Lifetime when we were in college. I'm wondering how we'll view it any differently now that we're age appropriate. :-)

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

I remember my parents watching that show and I thought it was SO boring.

I bet I'd probably like it now. :P

And yay for X! In a couple of weeks, he'll be running around like a madman. :)