Thursday, August 6, 2009

Woot!

MacTroll will be home in less than 24 hours. We made it through the week, and besides the fact that I have some back spasms from carrying X-man so much, the last two days have been easier than the first two days.

Today, we went to Curtis Orchard with the meetup group. X-man was unsure he wanted to leave the house, but he did enjoy seeing his friends and having snack, even if he couldn't play on all the play equipment. Afterward, we went to the store to pick up some non-food items and then back home for lunch. 

KTDID watched X-man while I tried to get in a little nap and a bath. The nap was futile, I just couldn't really feel like I had rested any, even though my eyes were closed, so I filled up the bathtub on a whim and then, afterward, scrubbed my feet down with a foot file and lathered them up with some Body Shop intensive foot lotion. 

Then X-man and I played for a while until Lighting McColin came over with Thunder. I got a good chat in with Libbygirl before X-man started clammering for dinner. KTDID took over again while I ran to Panera and had dinner with RF. Then after dinner I went back to the house and did some pick up and cleaning and playing and we baked MacTroll a welcome home cake. In one of the story books I picked up for X when he was a toddler, the daddy goes away on travel, so it talks about all the things the Mommy does with the children while Daddy is away and all the ways Daddy checks in to let them know he cares. In the end, Mommy bakes a cake for Daddy and the children decorate it. Soooo, guess what we'll be doing tomorrow after dinner. :-) Tonight though, X-man stayed up a little later to see a Clifford Movie, and then we did a bath in the sink. 

Tomorrow we've got a play date at Curious J's in the a.m., and a farewell party for Ms. Sonja in the Tiger room in the afternoon... Papa is coming to spend the night on Saturday, and he's promised to cook dinner and help out wherever needed, which is awesome. 

No comments: