Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Inspirational T-shirts

I was at Kohl's for their big sale this weekend and saw an Adidas T-shirt that read I "heart" Cardio. (I also thought Quigs might need one to wear to Step Class.)

I thought it was cute and would be appropriate for when I'm doing my interval runs around the neighborhood. But I didn't buy it. And now I'm kind of happy I didn't. I was walking by the Lady Footlocker today at the mall. I've never, ever been in the store. But on a mannequin was a bright pink t-shirt that said in HUGE letters, "EVERY DAMN DAY." Then in smaller letters, "Just do it." Since I'm attempting to work out 60-90 minutes every day, as part of the American Heart Association's updated time allocation about how much physical activity it really takes to be in shape, keep weight off and maintain weight, it really hit home with me. 

I walked out of the mall thinking I could find it online rather than have to actually go into the Lady Footlocker store. But alas, it's not on the Nike site or the Lady Footlocker site, and a Google search only finds other frustrated online shoppers looking for the same shirt. 

So... I'll be going back to the mall sooner than later to see how much it is and if it's worth purchasing. If not, I'll have to put it on my Christmas list for Santa. 

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm headed to the mall today so I could check out the price for ya.

Rudy said...

W2G... every damn day! All that you are doing to become and stay healthy inspires me, maybe I can just borrow one of YOUR t-shirts? Keep up the good work girl.

SunnyD said...

Harley, that would be awesome!

Amy said...

It's $20. ;-)

Quigs78 said...

I saw that shirt at Kohl's and I thought about it! But I'm still not comfortable enough with my weight to wear it. No one wants to see a fat girl wearing a shirt that says she loves cardio. I'd look like a joke. :P

But I <3 the EDD shirt!

Adney Adamaris said...

I can honestly say the most effective way to get the word out about a product or service is putting it on a T-shirt.

Inspirational T Shirts