Friday, May 6, 2011

Pain in the foot

I've spent six days staying "off" my foot. What that means is that I haven't run since the half marathon, and I hate it, but at the same time, I know that I'm injured -- not from the half marathon, but from something that happened on Wednesday before the half marathon. I have no idea what, just that I went to sleep fine and woke up and stumbled across the floor like an old crippled woman. The only heel that hurts is my right one.

I have enough friends who've injured their fascia, so I started icing and stretching right away. The race was fine until mile 10, and then my foot started to hurt. The next day, I started RICE. I have still been swimming (it's fine then) and cycling at the gym (also fine). Tae Kwon Do is kind of half and half. But I only did 45 minutes on Monday and then 30 minutes tonight. I'll take my orange belt test on Saturday. On Monday morning I'll be heading over to the Carle free sport injury clinic. We'll see what is actually wrong then.

But walking a lot, standing and and running are pretty much out of the question right now.

No comments: