Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Falling Asleep in the Bathroom

I'm going to guess that X-man didn't nap today. He spent the whole day in the Tiger room, and the first thing he said to me in the car was, "Tigers are fun!" 

It was also the first thing he said when he spoke with MacTroll tonight on the phone. These are encouraging words since he's usually very miffed if I bring up the conversation of Turtle v. Tiger. Personally, I think he's a bit torn. 

Anyway, tonight at 7:30 p.m. he was eating some raspberries as a snack. Then he got upset because he wanted a sucker and I said no. He threw the raspberries on the floor in a fit. Since the state of my kitchen right now is basically post-tornado due to my illness, I asked him to pick up the smushed berries and throw them away. He screamed no!

I turned off the Wiggles and announced it was time for bath. He cried at first, and then relented. He played in the tub until around 7:50 p.m. when I told him it was time to clean up his toys and get out. 

He has a plantar wart on the bottom of his right foot, and every couple of days after a bath, I use a foot file to remove the dead skin. We are trying the child-safe duct tape removal method, but he keeps taking the tape off and refusing to let us put it on in the a.m. So, it looks to me to be getting bigger, which means I'm going to go to the drug store and investigate child-friendly possibilities, of which, I know there are none. But it's starting to hurt him when he walks around the house without shoes on, and with summer coming up, I'd like him to be able to go swimming, since the virus is contagious. 

Anyway, I always give him the option of filing his own foot, since he's three and wants to do everything on his own. He can then see that it doesn't hurt, if he's gentle. So he did that for a little bit, and then I got a few good swipes in, and then he freaked out.

I mentioned going to his room to read stories, and he started to cry. There were monsters in his room! Monsters in Mommy's room, too.

So I wrapped him up in a towel and hugged him while he cried. And then he fell asleep, at 8:15 p.m. in my arms, wrapped in a soft bamboo towel on the floor of his bathroom. 

I managed to get him to his bed and into a diaper a few minutes ago. Little dude was really, really tired. And now Mom gets a chance to take a shower. The pain in my lungs has subsided and now I'm draining. I can't hear very well, either. So I think I might be moving from the respiratory issues into stupid chestcold/headcold areas. 

So if you see me around town. Don't let me breathe on you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great that he had fun today . . . and cute that he fell asleep in the bathroom. As many night spent in the bathroom has proven, it's usually a GREAT TIME that gets you there :)

Quigs78 said...

LOL @ ktdid! She's a smart one, she is. :)

And yay for a good day in the Tigers room!

~rachel~ said...

I really thought this was going to be about YOU falling asleep in the bathroom! :)