Thursday, March 12, 2009

Love and Hate

Things I LOVE:
1. When X-man falls asleep holding my hand to his chest or his face.
2. Coming home to a house I didn't have to clean.
3. When my husband picks up after himself and follows through on a project like say, his laundry.
4. When X-man tells me he loves me without me saying it first.
5. When I get a call from an old friend who is excited to talk to me no matter how long I've been out of the loop.
6. The 2 hours I get alone a day to either do homework or work on housework without someone pulling at me.
7. When I get to walk with my dog in the morning. 
8. When all my cats are happy and healthy.
9. When X-man is excited to go see his friends.
10. That my son's teachers are amazing, and I love how much he loves them and vice versa. It's a huge peace of mind to know that while I'm at school they both have a respectful, responsive and reciprocal relationship going on.
11. Warm potatoes on a cold day.
12. My car.
13. That tomorrow is Friday.
14. That some guy checked me out today while we were both waiting to turn left at the red light going out of Parkland. 
15. That I really enjoy my classes and think I'm going to love working full-time again in a couple years.

Things I Hate:
1. That there is no way to get onto I-74 at Mattis.
2. That one of my cats has a UTI and is peeing in my basement (two have been tested so far this week). 
3. That my husband is teaching our son not to pick up after himself. 
4. That it is impossible for me to walk out of Target without blowing over $100 on stuff that we actually need (cat litter, laundry detergent, etc.)
5. That no one seems to say thank you any more.
6. That I have to clean my house for Saturday by myself.
7. That for some reason there aren't any cool black couches that aren't gigantic. Seriously. I just want something that three people could sit on, on an easy clean fabric for less than $1500.
8. That my son has learned to tune me out.
9. That my husband has chosen to tune me out.
10. That I'm trying to find something to find comfort in besides food, and I keep coming up empty (other than the idea of just getting in the car and driving away).
11. That Busey is changing over their banking system which somehow requires me to do something... why can't they just make it automatic without me having to register with numbers I don't remember and have to look up.
12. That I've set my clocks like 12 times this week due to time changes and power outtages.
13. That as often as I recycle things, throw things out, give things away and donate things, I still have too much stuff in my house to have it look orderly.
14. That X-man is still in his dump everything out on the floor stage.
15. That the weather got cold again. I really got pretty high off the sunshine. I could use that again.

No comments: