Thursday, March 26, 2009

From the Frontline

Today is Thursday. Today is day 6 of having a sinus infection and day 11 of me being sick, and you can tell all the laying about it taking a toll on me.

1) I rented a musical to watch last night. I hate musicals. Well, there are a few childhood favorites that escape the list (Grease, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown and Annie) and one adult surprise (Sunday at the Park with George). But for the most part, I spent my 20's in D.C. going to musical after musical hoping, but not finding one I'd ever consider purchasing an album for. 

2) I have used 4 boxes of Kleenex.

3) My son doesn't hug me any more. He just runs in and waves goodnight to me. When he comes in our room at 3:30 a.m., he's all, "Where's Daddy?" He's too sleepy to run down to the guest room to sleep with him, so he crawls into the far side of my king-sized bed. 

4) I have become a very expensive cat bed. I woke up yesterday at 4:40 p.m. covered in all four cats. This morning, I have Riley the dog at my feet (he's upset he didn't get taken in the car to drop X-man off at school) and Maya (the cat with the bullet in her back) in my lap.

5) The boys have stopped saying goodbye to me when they leave. They just go.

6) I went all day yesterday without talking to anyone. Until I got annoyed at something and had to try to call everyone to tell them my Grrr. 

7) Going downstairs for food makes me sad. Not only am I on my own, but I'm pretty sure this is going to play out that when MacTroll leaves for work next week, I'll finally be able to do things like stand up, drive a car, take my kid to school and -- I'll also be left with a tornado struck house. 

8) Spring break is almost over, and this is not how I wanted to spend it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor D! I feel your pain. It does get better, slowly but surely. I never thought I'd be so relieved to have a runny nose. Since runny nose does not equal stuffed up so bad you feel like your head it's going to explode than a runny nose is a good thing. A cough is actually a good thing these days too. It means that all the crap in my lungs is working it's way out.

Wishing you days of runny nose and coughs ahead. =)