Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life through X-man's words

MacTroll came home this afternoon from a trip to D.C. and X-man immediately melded to his side. I guess having a sick mom for 5 days pretty much means that there's no time to put Daddy in the penalty box for traveling (usually he has little to do with him for 36 hours after a long trip).

Anyway, X-man is saying a lot of things that MacTroll's ears don't understand yet, since he's been away a few days. For example, X-man started talking about his goldfish, Gordy, who died. He also asked for his turtle bath toy holder a few times before I went down the hall and got it for him. 

But Daddy does lots of things Mommy doesn't do. He lets X-man eat pizza in the living room. He let's X-man sip from his diet ginger ale. He let's X-man sit in the tub for 45 minutes, even when he's given him the 1-3 minute warning three times over the last 20 minutes. :-) 

And since I'm sitting in my bed, hardly able to breathe because I'm so congested. I am thankful to have someone else on point tonight. I don't give a crap if there's pizza sauce on the carpet or that he's peeing in his bathtub. 

All I care about is that I can lie here blowing my nose with Clawdio, my awesomely soft cat, in my lap, without anyone shouting at me or pulling at me. 

Although he did come down after bath, blow me a kiss, and then turn around and ask Daddy for medicine and kleenex. He likes to think he's sick, too.


2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

I'm glad you're getting a break! Take advantage and sleep for the next three days!

The Fearless Freak said...

I'm sorry you're still still sick but I'm glad that Mactroll is home to take over for a few days. Get some rest :)