Monday, March 23, 2009

Sick girl update

I went to the doctor this morning. I have a sinus infection -- no surprise. He prescribed me some antibiotics (875 mg of amoxicillin), some mucinex and some afrin. He told me to take them with food, so I did.

2 hours later I lost my food, and the bitter tastes of the pills. I continued to vomit for over 2 hours. Then MacTroll ran out and got me a prescription for an anti-nausea medicine, which put me to sleep... but not enough to sleep, thank goodness. So I could still make it to the bathroom for a few bouts of diarrhea from being dehydrated. 

I've been up now for 2 hours. And I'm starting to get tired again. But holy moly, if it's not one thing it's another. At one point I thought it was a conspiracy by the medical community to kill me. Nice, right? That may just be the fever I've started to have.

At least MacTroll is home ALL this WEEK.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You and me both... I am on augmentin for a sinus infection which is not even what I went to the doctor for. Tis the season I guess.

Anonymous said...

NO FUN. Feeling any better today? Sounds like you need all the rest you can get while MacTroll's home. hugs and love,

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon.

PS the entire time I read this post it was for some reason in the voice of Rorschach.

Amy said...

Oh, no. I never got the throwing up thing. Poor thing!

Glad MacTroll is home all week!!