Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One, Two, Three

At 10:19 p.m. tonight, X-man will be 3. I said happy birthday to him today. He freaked out. 

"Not today! My birthday coming up!" 

So I think it's the idea that he likes the idea of his birthday in the future and not the past, but isn't quite ready to deal with celebrating it today. I think he feels the same way about moving up to the three-year-old room soon. He's going to go from a Turtle to a Tiger. Grrrr! :-)

So, if you see X-man today, please just tell him "Hi! It's nice to see you. I hope you have a wonderful day!" Feel free to throw in an "I love you" if you feel it. 

I.e. Avoid the happy birthday jargon. And I think he'll have a great day.

4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Happy Tuesday to you! Happy Tuesday to you! Happy Tuuueeesssday, dear X-man!

Happy Tuesday to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Tuesday!! Love you X Man!!

Amy said...

You know, I felt the same way about my birthday this year. =)

Anonymous said...

Looks like he did great with the Turtles singing to him. Give him hugs from me. I JUST got his b-day presents in the mail today. So, in a small way his b-day really still IS in the future :)