Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Busy Wednesday

Today, X-man went to school for a half day. I picked him up after lunch and we drove to Normal and went to the Discovery Museum. We were there from 1 until 4:30 p.m. X-man, who had been whining at me at school about how he couldn't walk, saw the toys at the museum, let go of my hand -- and hobbled off to do his thing. It was awesome to watch his "I do it by myself" independence suddenly sprout back. So, I'm glad this complete boredom and neediness issue will be going away shortly. It's so not him -- and it doesn't suit him. And really, holy crap, am I tired of the whining. The hugs and kisses I'll take any time, but the screeching -- no thank you.

After the museum, we walked down to COSI for dinner -- where X-man promptly fell asleep at the table. We ate early, around 4:30 p.m. So we let him sleep at the table until 5:45 p.m. Then he woke up as MacTroll carried him back to the car so we could go see the Wiggles at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum. X-man was pretty stoked. And I have to tell any Mommy friends who have crushes on Anthony -- he was doing simple gymnastics through the WHOLE concert. Seriously... handstands, front rolls, uneven bar-esque tricks... shockingly, so was Capt. Feathersword, who must wear something fluffy underneath his shirt to make him more stout on the videos, because he was pretty spry doing lifts of the female gymnasts and dancers all night long.

Perhaps my favorite part of the day though, was when we were in the doctor/medical center section of the children's museum. X-man was wearing a doctor coat and helping my sick baby doll feel better, when a little girl (who was around 5) came over on a pair of play crutches from the exhibit and said said to X-man, "Hey, can I please take a turn wearing the cast and boot?" She even offered up the crutches as a trade...

It actually took some convincing to sell her the idea that his red cast and walking boot weren't part of the exhibit -- and that we weren't lying and not sharing.

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

Yay for being up and about, X-man! In a few weeks, you can look back at this time and think of what an awesome and strong mother you are. You're in the home stretch, friend!