Sunday, August 2, 2009

Heads Up

I may be calling in some favors from my village this week, particularly from folks who can lift 45 lbs of protesting, struggling, unhappy pre-schooler; are loved and trusted by my kid; have kids who are friends with my kid; and -- well, whom aren't self-absorbed and full of drama and whom also have the capacity to be selfless for an hour while I try to refocus my energies from being frustrated to trying to help my healing but still injured child.

So, if you see my name on your phone or your doorbell randomly rings, for my sake, please, please answer. It won't be a test of the emergency system. It will be an actual emergency.

And if I don't call you, don't be offended. Lifeline calls depend on what question Regis asks... or I could just think you're self-absorbed and full of drama. :-P

 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana,
Pj is home now and the girls are home today, thurs and fri for distracting purposes as well. He can help you if you need anything during the day (he my have a meeting but has time as well) and I am home after 5 and Thurs and Fri and we are just across the road if you need anything.
Sheila

Quigs78 said...

I'm totally self-absorbed *and* full of drama, but I can fake it for you for an hour or so. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a line and say, hang in there, and also that I wish I lived close enough to help.

--Denise

libbygirl said...

We're around to help if you need it.

Lavender Lemonade said...

I'm sorry, I'm probably self-absorbed but I do care. Please let me know if you need me or if my hoodlums can help entertain your hoodlum. :)

~rachel~ said...

X-man probably doesn't know me that well, but even as a last resort feel free to use me if needed!

Amy said...

Yeah, we too, don't hang with the X-man often enough but we would love to hang with him if it wouldn't freak him out to have a stranger lifting him. =) We're wide open Thurs. after the orchard and Fri. all morn. "You can ring my beeeeeeeeeeeelll, ring my bell" anytime!