Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to the grind

We had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend, which included getting X-man to nap 2 out of 3 days with MacTroll being home, a vegetarian picnic, a Labor Day Parade, two Savoy parks, a visit from MacTroll's friend Ian and a really clean house on Monday. **And I had TWO martinis and a chocolate Lava cake with my fab group of girls and CatMiller40! (I suck for having such a fun fam weekend, that I forgot to say THANK YOU to Quigs for inviting my ass out for adult time.)**

I am currently taking a break from my never-ending summer project (only like 20 more days until it extends into a fall project, so I best be getting a move on). I'm covered in paint again, but I'm one panel of fence shy of finishing the long part across the south end of the house. When I make that turn, I'll feel a sense of release. That long part is always in the sun, where as on the turns, you can be in the shade for up to 2 hours in the a.m.

X-man's development has shot through the roof recently. He looks like a BOY not a toddler, particularly when he plays with The Boy Freak

He's using full sentences and phrases to tell me what he wants. He's a little bossy ("This way, Mommy!") But he's also a lot of fun. He's also using Mommy and Daddy more than Mama and Dada.

This week on my to do list includes packing for our vacation to Wisconsin next week and taking my car in for an oil change and tire rotation. 

Oh, and if I haven't said it enough. I'm going to publicly fess up to my fandom for the Freak Family. Seriously, I love hanging out with them. They do fun, kid-friendly things at all times. They understand when schedules suck and they're Culver lovers... Plus, they don't hold my Savoyness against me. :-) 


4 comments:

Amy said...

Why on earth would anyone hold Savoy against you?
Read my lips...lower taxes!
(I guess all your presidential talk is getting to me) :-P

Quigs78 said...

I'm a big fan of the Freaks, too. And so is my husband. And my kids.

If I could get my cats to come around, I would start a club and we'd meet every week at Culver's or a McD playplace.

Quigs78 said...

And you forgot the super fun girls night on the list.

Unless it wasn't super fun.

Then never mind. It's always embarrassing when one person has more fun than the other.

SunnyD said...

I have amended my error!