Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Work It!

Okay, so I know that running on an elliptical is not like running on a path. I get it -- low impact. But I get all the calorie burning cardio benefit without all the knee issues or IT band pain.

Yesterday on the recumbent bike I did 11 miles in 55 minutes on level 3 (I was editing at the time). 

Today on the elliptical, I did 5 miles in 30 minutes on level 6. I followed it up with some ball work on my lower abdomen and inner thighs. 

Then I went for a two-mile walk with Libbygirl and her boys this afternoon. In between the elliptical and the walk, I painted my fence in my yard for 3 hours lugging around a 5-gallon paint can. 

So, I've had quite the physical work out today. Tomorrow, I go back to the gym for some more elliptical time.

What I love is that I'm not really sore, but I'm sweating a lot. But mostly what I love is that I'm actually doing it, at my own pace, and I'm enjoying it. This is, of course, no small feat. 

5 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Yay for you for enjoying it! I still think it sucks, but I'm making myself go. I figure something is better than nothing, right?

Anonymous said...

I think the elliptical is awesome. And it is great to have found something you like in a workout.

The Fearless Freak said...

LOVE the elliptical. I'm a little sad that I won't be able to go and use it tomorrow, but only a little :)

Cyberchick said...

This is a huge feat! Awesome job, go Loosey!

Misc said...

You. TOTALLY. rock!