Sunday, September 7, 2008

Putting the "Great" in the Lakes

MacTroll, X-man and I are on vacation in Wisconsin. We are currently at a cottage in Oostburg, Wisconsin 15 miles south of Sheboygan and 45 miles north of Milwaukee. I was worried about the weather, but, um, apparently there's something in my genes that I forgot about.

I have no fear of cold water and refuse to let less than 85 degree weather ruin my beach experience whether it's in the Virgin Islands, Jamaica, Halifax or Oostburg, Wisconsin.

Yesterday X-man, Riley and I all got up to at least our knees in the water (X-man actually dove in like a true kid with no blood). Then we dug a BIG hole in the sand and then we cooked out on the grill.

It was a 4.5 hour drive up here yesterday. It took us right through the Chicago burbs on 294. We passed Oakbrook (and thoughts of stopping to go shopping for comfy sweaters for winter crossed my mind), then we passed by Six Flags Great America at the Gurnee Outlet malls (and more shopping crossed my mind) and then we passed through downtown Milwaukee and I remembered the giant shopping mall where I spent my 9th and 15th birthday parties (well, okay, there was also a lunch with a dolphin performer at age 9 at a nearby restaurant that I wanted to go to... the mall was just a timekiller that worked out well -- can anyone say Hello Kitty store?)

This morning I've taken Riley for a walk. He chased some sea gulls, took a big poop and rolled on a dead fish. So, um, he's happy.

Today we're hoping to go visit the Blue Harbor Resort indoor water park in the a.m. and then come back here and relax and read during naptime. 

Right now I'm getting the crap creeped out of me by something called, "Lazy Town."

This is not a show for a woman who hates puppets. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah, I pretty much hate Lazy Town too. I had a Halloween party 2 years ago and my niece dressed up as Stephanie. It was harmeless enough but I can't get Sportacus out of my mind. Or that dude that is always doing flips and stuff.

Weird!

Quigs78 said...

Lazy Town is creepy - Bubba wouldn't even watch it.

But yay for vacations and relaxation! We miss you already!