Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Charlie and Lola

When X-man turned 1, my sister gave him his first Charlie and Lola DVD. I knew them only through reading my niece Lauren Child's book, "I will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato."

It's this cute story about how little sister Lola refuses to eat a LOT of different kinds of food and how her very, very nice and thoughtful brother Charlie uses his imagination to help Lola consider looking at the boring concept of eating vegetables in a whole new light.

Yeah, I never knew a big brother that was as nice as Charlie. But Lola's independence and craziness is very appealing to me, and also to X-man. Because no matter what new cartoon he gets introduced to, he still always likes to go back and visit with Charlie and Lola.

Now, if only all their good gear wasn't only sold in UK stores or on ebay UK.

2 comments:

Loretta said...

We are big fans of Charlie & Lola, too. I like the example Charlie sets for my little guy, but I think he's with you and X-man in finding Lola really appealing and zany. I guess I'll take what I can get, though. Even if he doesn't end up like Charlie, hopefully he'll at least find his wee sister amusing and not the bane of his existence.

Misc said...

We were fans of the books long before the series hit. I'm so glad Disney didn't Americanize them. I adore their "Englishness".

Max & Ruby are another favorite over here.