Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scary

So, I have been a recipient of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission e-mail on all the kid-related stuff the government and independent businesses recall.

I get more messages than I'd like to admit. But when I read the one today, a question injected into my subconscious.

Do I feel that a kid might get lead poisoning from paints on toys is less of a problem or  more of a problem than the possibility that a toy might lacerate a child?

I hate that word: lacerate. It's up there with other gross words like: zit, slacks, anniversary, (and the worst word in the world) cummerbund. 

I didn't answer my own question (I'm too busy trying to think of a way to redesign my laundry room for efficiency to think about stuff my subconscious worries about). 


1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

The grossest word ever? Pubic.

Just typing it skeeves me out.