Thursday, September 18, 2008

Run Rudy Run

So on Monday, I ended my membership at Curves. Earlier that morning, I visited Quigs' gym and really liked it. It's more of a full-service gym with child care, if I need it, free classes all day long and lots of machines. I went on Monday and spent some time on the elliptical and then did some upper body work on the weight machines, followed by some abdominal and lower back work on the ball in the stretch room. I was leaving as Quigs was coming in.

On Tuesday, I went back. I was a little sleep deprived, but I made it down there and managed not to fall off the elliptical. I did 20 minutes and finished as Quigs got done with her workout (she started way before me because she's like the Energizer bunny), then I did mostly lower body work on the weight machines. I love that I see her there, but I have to remember we're not there to chat. We're there to get our crap done and get on with our day.

Today was a day off. I spent it cleaning and organizing the garage, doing laundry and dishes and all the rest of that house hold stuff. We're having a kids stuff swap at my house in October, so Freak dropped off a lot of cool toddler toys and I wanted a clean place to store them.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the Fitness Center, and I'm remembering my earphones. I'm going to do 25 minutes on the elliptical. I know I can do more, but it feels more tiring than walking for an hour outside. I have an iPod and a personal TV on my machine, but I'm still not into the groove, yet. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll come back to me. Tomorrow should be good because I'll have a new playlist of music that Misc so sweetly sent me in the mail today on CD. 

And if you have no idea where the title of my blog comes from, I linked it to the movie on YouTube. It's one of my favorites.

6 comments:

Misc said...

Way to go! Keep challenging yourself (that's the only way I ever get anything done). 5 more minutes is not that long. You. can. do. it!

makeup_girl said...

Now that most of my craziness with OWB is over, and the kids aren't sick, I'm hoping to start back at the F.C. I'm crossing my fingers I can make it tomorrow morning. Are you one of those early workout people? If so, I'll never see you there. Quigs had me try the elliptical one day, and I think I lasted 2 minutes...I'm more of a treadmill or stairmaster girl. So the fact that you can do 20 minutes makes you a star in my book! And you are right, Quigs is like the Energizer bunny on that thing!

SunnyD said...

I listened to the CD Misc made me and ended up going for 30 minutes, 3 miles and burned 300 calories on the interval setting. So, I'm happy and sweaty.

Makeup_girl: I'm usually there around 8:45-9 a.m. I'm not sure if that's early for you or not. Tomorrow I'm going to try the 9 a.m. Stretch class and try to do figure out some more weight machines. They're all just slightly different than my experiences at the Rec Center or at Bally's. And I feel like a moron pulling on everything until my brain clicks and I'm like "Oh, yeah!" But my brain works better before cardio than after. :-)

Cyberchick said...

Skip the machines - I am teaching Team Strength on Saturday morning at 10:30 a.m. No cardio, No boring stuff. I don't care if you use one pound weights (we have them). I won't be offended if you leave. :)

SunnyD said...

If I can't make it this Saturday, i'll definitely try next Saturday. (I have to buy trees and prep for a 27 person cookout that afternoon that our neighborhood is holding and I'm the meat/veggie burger woman). And Team Strength doesn't scare me. :-) That's the kind of workout in a class environment I'm used to. 8lb handweights for me please.

It's all the kicking and bobbing and turning and twisting in Turbokick or Kickboxing or Step that mess with me. That takes some grace and coordination. I have no grace, and the only coordination I have is falling down without hurting myself.

Resistance bands, hand weights and medicine balls -- bring it on!

Quigs78 said...

If I was an Energizer bunny on the elliptical, I'd be a lot thinner.

;)