Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Girl Who Thinks Too Much

My whole life I've been told that people have trouble relating to me because I think too much or that I have a thick air of righteous indignation about me. Every boy I ever dated, my father, my mother, my husband, my best friends, everyone. I'm not an instant hit (except maybe with my nephew Nathan). I am, I guess, an acquired taste. 

So in the middle of running around doing what I hate the most (putting my house in order --an order that never looks clean or orderly), I got an e-mail from my friend Loretta passing onto me this blogger award (you can check out her blog to read what wonderful things she says about me). 



Seriously. Wow. I've known Loretta for a while, but we've only just recently been able to hang out (even when I'm freaking 30 minutes late). But she and I share academic and philosophic interests that I haven't thought about much since I got my master's degree 8 years ago. I talk to Loretta and all this rhetoric fills my head. It's like when an old friend introduces you to someone else in their life and you hit it off. 

Loretta rocks, and I'm going to be wicked sad when she and her husband end up moving elsewhere when Dave is done with his work. Because her family is a lot of fun. 

Anyway, to accept this award, I also have to agree to pass it on. And I have many, many favorite bloggers in town. But there is one blogger that I read a lot, who has taken a sabbatical lately and I miss her. She appreciates the buzz of a good martini and getting riled up with good friends. She has four children and still enjoys the physical company of her husband, which is no small miracle. And let's face it, her brain is wired funny, which makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world. I've never met her, but I love her work and miss her witty entries something fierce. 

So Jen at "Get in the Car." This blog award is for you.

Should you want to pass on the good karma, you just need to link to the creator of the award. I know it's sappy. But as a complete stranger, it's the only way I know to share my fondness for your endless sarcasm and knock me over zingers at the world. The world needs more of you. 

No comments: