Friday, June 6, 2008

The Big Loser: Week 1

At 9:45 a.m. I weighed in after week 1 on Weight Watchers. I weighed 236 lbs with clothes and shoes. That's a 5 lb loss. I got a little star sticker with a five on it for my efforts.

I also determined that the weight on my scale at home is 2 lbs less than the WW scale, which is good to know, so I'm not nearly as bewildered after my meeting as when I got on the scale this morning naked and it said 233 lb. (1 lb. extra is clothes and shoes).

I am saving a majority of my points for dinner tonight. The CARE moms have a night out at Kamakura. And sushi is 2 points a piece (for my Alaska roll). I have to figure out the edamame value too. 

One of my favorite things about summer is the amount of good fruit at the store. I'm a nectarine fiend. But yesterday I noticed Schnucks has fresh cherries on sale this week at $2.98 a pound. X-man loves cherries. I have to cut the pits out of them, which is a pain and turns my fingers red. But I think he's getting bored of bananas.

However, he and Lightning McColin did a STELLAR job of eating some giant strawberries yesterday and putting the stems back in the container

Oh, and I wanted to point out that I planned it out and had small banana split Blizzards at DQ twice this week. :-) And that's unusual, since I'm a Jarling's kind of girl, and I've had DQ maybe 12 times since we moved here in 2003. But as I get smaller the points I'm allowed to eat lessen. So I might as well take advantage of a 28-point day with a 10-point ice cream on two pretty hot and muggy days. 




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for you! Great job this week!

Quigs78 said...

Congrats!! You're such a WW rock star - I'm proud of you!

Jenna said...

Awesome!! Keep it up...have fun at dinner!

The Fearless Freak said...

You go. Can't wait to see you at dinner tonight :)

As for the cherry's, I bite the pits out of them and give half ot which ever kid wants it (usually Ms Thang since The Boy isn't impressed with cherries) and then I eat the other half. Probably doesn't work with WW but easier than cutting them up :)

SunnyD said...

Don't laugh, but I started out that way, but then he'd finish his as I was taking the pit out of my mouth and he'd whine and complain that I wasn't working fast enough.

Why can't they pit these things for you like they do olives?

And give a big thanks to Gloria for watching the kids while we eat. :-)

~rachel~ said...

Yeah 5lbs that's great!!! If I remember right McD's ice cream cones are pretty low in points too, but not nearly as yummy as a blizzard!! :) MMM!!