Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can I admit something?

I hate having to count 16 animal crackers out of the bag to determine my 3-point snack serving.

What's wrong about this is that with some other addictions, you stop cold turkey in detox. Not that that's at all fun and games. Seriously. That's really crappy hard. 

But in a really, really selfish way, I feel like there's some emotional validation to me comparing what I'm going through with Weight Watchers to someone handing an alcoholic a big bottle of vodka and telling her she can only have one shot. 

I know this will get better. In two weeks, I will still be annoyed that I have the problem, but I'll have learned to live with it. I did it before, and it was all good until I fell off the wagon. 

But right now, it's really frustrating.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it so much harder having the kid food in the house. I otherwise would not have a regular supply of nutrigrain bars, animal crackers, goldfish, or whatever. On the plus side, I discovered he likes radishes this week.

~rachel~ said...

Sometimes I would force my self to count out servings and individually package them as soon as I bought the snack, that can make it a little easier but it still sucks!! Sometimes maybe you just feel like eating an even 20 animal cookies! :) I have discovered 100 calorie packs for some low sugar snacks, I haven't looked into their points info but they might work for you.