Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1: Summer Arrives

X-man and I spent two hours playing in the backyard today. We planted some tomatoes, which involved a lot of digging in the dirt. Then he dug in the sandbox while I blew up the inflatable swimming pool. The goal was to get it up, so the sun would warm the water. X-man saw me finish it and wasted no time in climbing in and lying down (sans water) while I blew up the slide portion. 

I'm one of those parents who doesn't purchase high-end swimming equipment. I spent $30 on this sucker, and it's not the best designed thing, but I didn't expect it to be. I have to figure out how to put some grip down on the steps of the plastic blow up ladder so it's easier for little toddlers to climb without slipping. 

Anyway, X-man went and dragged over the hose and started demanding water, so I changed him into a swim diaper ("Nemo, Mama! Nemo!) I let him fill it up by himself. He got to decide when he had enough water (which I determined was FREEZING), but he didn't care at all. 

After swimming for a while and going up and down the slide, we stopped and had some crackers and juice. I filmed our conversation over food, which I'll try to post up on X-man's web site soon. Aunt Terry and Uncle Lester came over and he got to show them the pool. 

During all of this MacTroll was sneezing his way through mowing the front yard. Since I suffered through the backyard earlier in the week, we determined this was a fair course of action. 

Today also marked the first day we took all the "ba-bas" away from X-man. (Ba-ba = pacifier) We had to do a few extra hugs at naptime to get him settled and ready to go down. He was in his room talking to himself for a while, but I think that's expected. 

It was also my third day of Weight Watchers. First two days went great, I even avoided badness at Lightning McColin's fest of kid foods (I was the watermelon queen and the burger I had was great!) But today I made a mistake at lunch. I ate a small avocado. Not a uber large one.  A tiny one. But still 1/4 of it is 2 points. So I wasted 8 points on that thing on top of my cup of spinach, which was zero points. Oh well, this is what I get for not calculating before I put things on my plate.

I'll get through. I am drinking all kinds of water, which I find awesome. Because I am the world's worst water drinker. 

Someone out there with appropriate BMI drink a martini for me, okay?




7 comments:

Amy said...

An avocado is a bad thing? What is this world coming too? When JB and WW were little and I made all their babyfood I was told an avocado was "the perfect food". Supposedly it has all the essential nutrients in it. I know WW wants you to stick to certain amount of points per day but hey you can call it supplementing your points with some awesome-ly good super-nutrients! Definitely not a "mistake". A mistake would be eating an entire cake or something =)

SunnyD said...

Avocados are good nutritionally. They have like 4x the amount of potassium of a banana. And they're a "good fat" but, um, they're still loaded with fat. 35g of fat.

http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcaloriecounterB.aspx?id=2022

I just ate too much avocado. :-)

SunnyD said...

I mean, who can argue with 16g of fiber in a food!

Unknown said...

Sorry to repeat but YA, they are unfortunately FULL of fat, which for babies is not a bad thing, as they get SO much of all the other stuff they need from them. I really love Guacamole though. My problem is completely portion control because like you said in a previous post food tastes so good, and makes me feel good so I do not want to stop.

Luck for the rest of your day.
-RF

macgoddess said...

I can put a slight spin on the Avocado for you - they apparently are good at boosting your metabolism... I'm using that one to justify guacamole at least!

Quigs78 said...

Mmmm....guac. That makes me want to go to Chipotle. I'm so not focusing on the right thing, am I?

And we're totally coming over and hanging out at the pool with X-man. Slippery steps or not, that looks rockin' fun!

libbygirl said...

Glad we didn't have any avocados at Colin's party! Thanks for coming :) Today is Day 1 of getting Lightning McColin to stop sucking his thumb and he already called me "mean". Sign us up for the pool party, too. I have to back on Colin's good side.