Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

To compensate for the marital melt down  yesterday, MacTroll and I were on our super good behaviors. There was hand holding, complimenting, together time with X-man. We ratcheted up the parenting level to "above Looseyfur standards." 

And then I told him what he said really hurt me. He apologized, and we're going to talk about it some more when he gets back from travel next Sunday.

Today, I went to Target for sunglasses to wear to the pool with my contacts and some shampoo. I came out with those items and Flo and Ramone from Cars for my boy. He LOVED learning to say the word Ramone. 

He was so excited about them, he refused to nap. So at 2:15 p.m. I gave up and took him to Sholem Aquatic Pool, where he decided he had outgrown the baby/toddler pool and wanted to explore the big kid area more. He also loved learning about what a lifeguard is and saying it over and over again. He even approached one. She smiled at him and he touched her flotation device. Today, my son also kissed two girls. A baby girl, probably around six months, who was hanging out in the Puddle. And a 4-year-old girl who was lying over the fountain area in the zero depth pool. He actually laid down, looked into her eyes, leaned forward and puckered up. It was hilarious.

At 5:15 p.m. I announced we were done and going home. X-man screamed and threw a fit all the way to the car. Once in the car, he quietly drank his juice and by the time I had reached Windsor and Mattis, he was out cold in his car seat. 

I carried him inside, put him on the couch, changed him out of his suit and swim diaper and put him in a fresh one, covered him with a blanket, and the dude DIDN'T OPEN HIS EYES.

Gonna put in a movie and hope to wake him up until at least 7 p.m. But I thought you'd like a photo. 

3 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

So cute! It is amazing how swimming will wear a kid out :)

Quigs78 said...

Damn - apparently I need to take my kids swimming. He looks like such a little punkin, though. Too cute.

I'm glad to hear that things with you and MacTroll are on their way up. It makes me sad when you're not happy.

the sandwich life said...

ahhh...the sweet sleep of exhaustion....