Thursday, June 19, 2008

Peaceful morning

I got to sleep until 7:08 a.m. this morning. Seriously. It was wonderful. I got almost 8 full hours of sleep, which means X-man got 9.5 hours of sleep. 

He didn't fuss about breakfast. He didn't fuss about getting diapered or dressed. He didn't fuss about getting into the car, or walking into school or going to the Turtle room. He washed his hands TWICE at the sink. "Bubbles, mama, bubbles!" 

And he was only semi-needy when it was time for me to leave. 

I celebrated his achievement by driving over to the Curves and working out. And even if I don't weight any less this week (tomorrow is weigh in ), I'll have worked out 3 times at the gym and walked between 6.25 and 11.25 miles this week (depends on if X-man gets up early or late tomorrow and we walk to school or not.) 

My feeling of slackness came from me trying to use the computer to track my food this week. I'm on my computer a lot, but not usually when I eat. So I'm not writing it down before I consume food. So back to the regular handwritten journal I go. It is a good way to track your weight progress online though -- nice to see the curve bending down, even if it's a little at a time. 

Curves weighed and measured me on Monday, so I'm weighed each week, weighed and measured each month and then there's the normal step up on the scale I put myself through. 

2 comments:

Misc said...

Keep it up! You can do it!

I started exercising about a year and a half ago (started at 3 days a week and now I'm at the gym 5-6 days), kept a food diary, really forced myself to pay attention to what I put into my body for fuel. I ended up 35 pounds lighter.

I admire your determination. Good luck!

Quigs78 said...

You're inspiring me. I can't decide what I'm going to do about it exactly, but I'm going to find a way.

I'm so very proud of you. I love how devoted you are to people/causes/groups and that you're starting to devote that same effort and love to yourself. Because you deserve it.