Sunday, June 29, 2008

Working for the weekend

We had a great weekend. 

On Friday night, MacTroll got home early from his trip to Cali. Early enough that X-man was still awake, so we got to hang out and do lots of family hugs. 

Then on Saturday, we got up early and headed off to Clinton Lake. X-man played in the sand with his buds from CARE, including the Lemonade family.  X-man had nothing but hugs and kisses for Mealyworm. And both Bug and X-man enjoyed jumping on T-Dad. See.


Then later that night, I cooked an awesome recipe for chicken fried rice from Weight Watchers. I think it might become a staple in my house. Lots of brown rice and vegetables. Low points (6) for the sheer amount of food you get to eat. 

But points were accounted for on Saturday, so I could use some Flex points Saturday night with my fellow mom friends. We went out to the mini putt course and then out to Applebee's at 10 p.m. for drinks. I had saved up enough points for a mudslide, while the others downed their fruity margaritas and martinis. 

Then this morning, we decided to go to the park with X-man and had a special treat. Dad Rogers was driving Curious J through our neighborhood to see excavators. So we got to say good morning to them. Then Quigs and her brood showed up at the park too. It was 71 degrees, breezy and full sun. So it was too nice NOT to be outside.

This afternoon, I volunteered with Quigs at Swann School for their art fair. It was very fun. They had various food booths. X-man partook in the grilled hotdog, which was giant. Then after the classic rock band finished (yes, X-man did some of his signature dancing). Quigs and I prettied ourselves up into a zebra and an elephant to help with the school's production of "The Lion King." The play was directed by Libbygirl. So, Quigs and I were doing our best to dance with Timone and Pumba and hit all of our marks. And seriously, it was a lot of fun.

All the kids were amazing. You can catch some of our CARE members hanging out in Libbygirl's classroom on youtube.

We got home to find our backdoor wide open. Apparently, we'd failed to shut it properly and it blew open. I quickly counted and we were missing a cat. Sweet Nyssa had disappeared. Joel searched upstairs and I looked in the basement, then we both went outside. He searched around house, and I scanned the open field. 

When I got back inside, he was feeding the rest of the cats, and she still wasn't showing up (a sure sign she had disappeared). Then I walked upstairs and opened the linen closet. She was standing there very sweetly and relieved that I'd found her. 

Silly kitten.

3 comments:

Quigs78 said...

omg, my heart stopped when I read you were missing a cat. We constantly count cats because ours tend to locked in bathrooms, closets, cabinets, etc with the little ones opening and closing doors.

I'm so glad she was home. :)

libbygirl said...

Thank you again for coming to help out today! You guys are awesome and glad to hear that X-man liked the music.

Lavender Lemonade said...

The beach was a blast. I honestly didn't know about the nuclear thing...but hey, the water was nice and warm. :)