Monday, June 16, 2008

Working things out

So here's the deal about having big blow ups in relationships -- you get a firm idea of where you stand. And friends, I'm here to report, that MacTroll and I are in pretty good standing with each other since he returned from his trip to WWDC. I like when relationships are this way. When you can get things off your chest, tell your whole truth, listen to the other's whole truth, take some time to think and then join hands on the same path.

I do realize that this is not always possible. But most of the time, I'm one of those "fight the good fight" kind of people. Plus, it takes an insane amount of trust to be able to be vulnerable and fragile enough to peer at the truth. I know a lot of people can't do this. They'd much rather sit in their lovely estate in the Land of Denial hiding in the luxury of their own imaginary worlds.

If you're waiting for photos of our trip to Rockford. I'm going to send you to X-man's web site. There's a lot of good shots there. Speaking of the X-man, he's currently covered in markers from coloring thank you that are a little late (Sorry, Rita!). 

Okay, I'm off to get the kid dressed and get ready to walk to the gym. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

You and the Mac Man rock! I wish my husband and I could resolve our differences so mature-ly. Our fights end by me exploding and him holding everything in until he explodes three days later on something totally unrelated to the real conflict and then we fight all over again....Good times.

Lavender Lemonade said...

Yeah, I'm lucky in that regard too. When T-Dad and I don't see eye-to-eye, we (me) usually just let it all out and then before too long, we shrugged it off/make compromises/admit irrationality/admit ignorance etc. and move on. Each time learning a little more about each other and making internal "note to self" reminders for next time(hopefully).

~rachel~ said...

Way to be adults :)
I am nothing but a bitch these days, mostly just to Mike (and a little to my mom!), and snap at pretty much everything. He got mad today when he took something stupid I said the wrong way.... blah blah... Anyway I told him I was miserable and am going to be that way until the baby is born so if he wants me a little nicer HE better start walking on egg shells around me, cause it is my right to be a complete and total bitch right now!! SO you seem way more mature than me, but I don't care anymore:) He has been a little nicer since then!