Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lost and Found

So here's the thing about blogging. People find you. sometimes they feel weird about it, and sometimes they rejoice that you haven't fallen off of the ends of the Earth. 

This month "Looseyfur's Midwest Adventures" was found by two old friends. One in town who is interested in getting out and walking with me every week (hooray!). And one who shares a particular passion of mine -- Quebecois movies. Viv is the lady to talk to when it comes to things all Roy Dupuis. And since I will admit that my love for Montreal stems from my introduction to Roy Dupuis through La Femme Nikita and then it continued to his films before it branched into my obsession with Quebecois history and culture, it was nice to Google "Looseyfur" and see that she had posted a link to my blog to all of my old friends at "Roy Dupuis Online."

Now, what I'm guessing is that my new friends are sitting at their computers with coffee mugs in hand going -- "What? Who is this Looseyfur?"

I will have to admit that since X-man was born, my eager fandom has been reduced to affectionate memory. Because once I held my son, I only had eyes for him. But in a way MacTroll, Quebec, Montreal, KTDID, X-man, Robin, Ian, Andre, Roy, Viv, MaryM, Karen K and all of my other friends at RD-online are linked into my current life through the history of one vacation.

The vacation where 2 weeks after her wedding, KTDID climbed in my VW and sped off to Canada with me, where she sat patiently next to me as I sat at a table with 6 other women waiting to meet a French Canadian TV and film star at a fundraiser for MIRA. (Quigs, if you could pay a couple hundred bucks to a non-profit to sit at a small table with Tim McGraw and catmiller 40 for 35 minutes talking directly with him, you'd do it, right?)

Anyway, I did it. And then KTDID and I got back into our car and drove back to Riley at the cottage near Lac Brome. The next day we drove up to the cottage in Mont Tremblant. We had some fun canoeing and swimming and napping and cooking.

Then I drove her to the airport and picked up MacTroll. MacTroll and I had lunch with our friend Andre and then drove back to the cottage to meet my friends Ian and Robin from Halifax. 

Four weeks later my pregnancy test was positive. And I like to joke that I only spent time with four men that week (All of them with killer genes, I might add)... :-)

So yes, I went on a road trip to Montreal to meet a movie star (and so much more) and came back pregnant with my awesome dancing dude .

And so everyone at RD-O knows how far behind I am. I just rented The Rocket two weeks ago. :-) During it, X-man learned how to say hockey, puck and check. 

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

No doubt I would! Hello, he's #1 on my excused infidelities list. But that's awesome - not only did you get to meet one of your celebs, but you made awesome memories with KTDID. Oh, the photographs in the mind...