Friday, May 9, 2008

Sure, now the sun comes out

I'm looking out my bedroom window to the south, and there's this pretty strip of sunset shining on the soon to be ampitheater. 

Anyway, MacTroll's flight back from NYC got canceled this morning. He got rebooked on one leaving at 6:25 p.m. ET. And, of course, he called at 7 p.m. before we headed up to bathtime to announce that it looks like he'll make it to Chicago (plane is gonna be late taking off due to mechanical issues) but that he'll have to spend the night in Chicago. 

So, my single parenthood has an extension. 

Big SWAT team presence down on campus today due to an armed robbery. I was at McDo's with Quigs and Mom when Mom got the call. Today was the first day that X-man and I have socialized in 60 hours. And I think it wore him out. He was in bed at 7:30 p.m. with no struggles. While we were looking at his baby books (his current favorite bedtime stories) he had his head resting on my leg. Nothing like a little time at the play area with Speed Racer cars and good friends. 

We also went to the library today and we stayed too long. They were having the last of Baby Fest, which I knew in the back of my head was going on because, well, because I'm the scheduling lady at CARE, but I had forgotten. When I see baby, I don't generally think of X-man any more. But he got invited in by my friend Ms. Ginny who I used to work with at the Douglass Branch Library. And truthfully, once they opened the little person's door, I don't think there was anything anyone could have done to keep him out. 

We did see his friends Xavier and Ezekiel. They're getting ready to move to Europe for a while, and I think D is a bit annoyed that things are taking so slow to get them there. But she's doing a great job living in transition. Speaking of transition experts, big hugs to Quigs for enduring the real estate market from hell. 

Okay, I think I'm going to see if my Ugly Betty is available... I watched my Grey's, and I don't care what people say. I love Meredith, because I identify with her whole set of neuroses... I know. It's sad. Mock away.





1 comment:

libbygirl said...

Have totally missed you guys and can't wait to hang out next week!!

Happy Mother's Day!!