Monday, May 19, 2008

Sigh

This morning we dropped MacTroll off at the airport at 8 a.m. He is visiting three cities in five days (D.C., Cupertino and Seattle). X-man was very upset and sad as soon as I told him our morning plans. He suddenly went from a kid who didn't care that I was putting his pants and socks on to a kid who refused to have anything to do with a clean shirt.

MacTroll hugged and kissed him in the car seat and then I took X-man to school. But he didn't want to get out of the car. He wanted me to keep reading him books. I read one, told him that was all I was going to do, then we walked to the building. He stalled a bit, so I had to pick him up. Then he hugged me all the way to his room and didn't want to let go. 

All of this didn't help that he woke us up at 3 a.m. wanting to sleep in our bed. Then he started coughing a lot (weird late night-only coughing) that MacTroll took him into the bathroom and steamed it up. Twenty minutes later the cough was gone and X-man was back in his bed.  But at 5:30 a.m. he was wide awake and demanding Elmo. 

So I'm guessing by the time we were at school he was starting to get tired again. Poor dude, he's got a while until nap (noon). 

I didn't want to hand him to Ms. Natalie from my arms because I could see him having a complete blow out and grabbing onto me shrieking. But I knew I had to go, so I put him on the floor and he just laid there. Then Ms. Natalie scooped him up, and I felt better.


1 comment:

Lavender Lemonade said...

Clingy mornings (with good reasons) are so hard on a mom. But kids are tough as you know and I'm sure X-man was playing and having a great time after Miss Natalie's hug. The baseball game sounds like it was a great time, sorry we missed it!