Monday, May 12, 2008

Grand Finale

I got up at an ungodly hour. I took a shower, got dressed, fed the cats, let out the dog and now I'm driving over to Millikin to give my final exam (it starts at 8 a.m.).

It's my last drive to Decatur for work. 

EDIT: I just read my Millikin e-mail and was told there was something I may or may not want to read in one of the student editor blogs.  All I can say is, today, is the happy shiny day for many reasons. It's nice to be appreciated. Who am I kidding -- it's awesome to be adored, particularly from someone as dedicated, honorable and smart as Galen Broaddus.


6 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Good luck! It's a bittersweet day...I'm sending you virtual hugs.

The Fearless Freak said...

So are you done done or just done for the summer done. If you are done done, what are you going to do in the fall? I know you said grad school wasn't really working out so are you going to PLand or just hanging with X-Man for a while?

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad I could make your day; you've done the same for me on several occasions, what with your bragging about the DO to President Zemke and numerous others while I was in your presence. (Sort of like how the bragging in this entry! It's just like you to share the spotlight.)

And I got your E-mail; Memorial Day might work, possibly. I thought Courtney might want to go out to see her dad since it's the first MD since his passing, but I may have misjudged due to her reaction when I asked her. If not then, definitely some other time at Scovill or somewhere. :D

libbygirl said...

New adventures can be fun, right!? Actually, I am sure that your C.A.R.E. responsibilities will keep you busy.

~rachel~ said...

Wow how sweet, hope you had a good last day! I didn't know you went to Millikin, are you from the Decatur area? I am from Blue Mond area.

SunnyD said...

I grew up in Rockford, but I went to school at Millikin. I've stood on Blue Mound... had a cathartic experience there in October 2002.