Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Today at 10 a.m., X-man and I are going to Curious J's 2nd birthday party over at the Rec Center. And for some reason I'm really nervous. I kept X-man home from school today, given the time of the party (since he naps at noon, no real reason to drop him off from 8:30 until 9:45 a.m.).

But the party has the potential to be a large group activity with tons of people I don't know. And you'd think that me being the organizer of a 70+ family organization would be used to that. But when we get new members they're usually one or two at a time, which works out pretty well for both parental and kid bonding. 

Curious J plays in two different playgroups, and I've only attended one of their playtimes at Rogers'. The folks were very nice. But they're all invited, which could mean like 25 kids and parents, which just overwhelms me on my introverted level. 

And I really hope X-man doesn't get frustrated and tackle some kid for taking a toy he wants. Cause that seems to be his new reaction to all people his age or older doing something he doesn't like. 

In other news, I took my jeans out of the dryer and put them on. They weren't first day tight. In fact, they were fitting exactly right, which means by the end of 2 days they're hanging off my body in strange ways. Perhaps this means my body is changing shape? I try to look for good things in the mirror when I work up enough courage to check it out. 

X-man wants me to come play trains. Later.

Edit: We just got back from Curious J's party. X-man had a blast running around the gym with all the toys, playing ring-around-the-rosie, and he ate all of his bananas and strawberries and cheese, but apparently has decided that this month he won't eat Triscuits, but last month he was in love with them... so yeah, toddler fickleness. There were a lot of new kids there that he'd never met before, but it felt just like going to a Tag-a-long at the Rec Center (but with snacks!). So, we did okay. Plus it was nice to see Rogers' parents and sister, Michelle.

We walked over to the rec center and had to leave the party a little early as the pre-nap mania started setting in (falling over, pushing a girl out of the way for cake, running with no directional purpose and tripping). So we left around 11:35 a.m. to get home at noon. He was exhausted. 

1 comment:

~rachel~ said...

Yeah on the pants, that is always exciting!! I'm not looking forward to trying the non stretchy pants back on after having the baby!!

Oh and I think it's perfectly understandable to push someone out of the way for cake, especially birthday cake- but I haven't been able to have cake for quite awhile so I may have forgotten the proper etiquette for this- although I can see myself running over anyone who gets in my way when I can eat sweets again!! :)