Thursday, May 22, 2008

Glass is half full post

Good things that happened today.

1. X-man hugged me for 2 minutes straight as we walked from the Turtle Room (he's been visiting) to the car.
2. While Ms. Thang and I walked back from throwing some stuff in the compost piles at the organic garden she said. "I'm close to you." And then held my hand... She also wanted to sit with me at dinner. I was flattered.
3. I got to do a 2-mile walk this morning with one of my neighbors, who is also a new CARE member. It was nice to have someone to talk to besides my sweet dog.
4. I had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert (1/2 the fat Edy's is very good).
5. I still hold the highest possible score out of my group of friends on the Ladder section of Word Twist (for the Facebook people).

7 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

"I'm close to you" I love it! Good to hear that you were having a half full kind of day :)

Quigs78 said...

Stop trying to steal MT from me! :)

Freak is trying to get me on Facebook and now I'm irritated that you're talking about it, too. I already got pressured into a blog. I can't do Facebook. Man, peer pressure sucks.

SunnyD said...

Stand up for yourself girl! Refuse to submit. I mean, if I got through the 90's without seeing Titanic, you can get through without Facebook!

The Fearless Freak said...

Leave her alone! The woman NEEDS facebook. I need a bigger supernatural creature army and I need more people to send flair too :)

SunnyD said...

LOL, I had to stop playing the sci-fi games because I was getting too obsessed checking my stupid castle every chance I got.

I had to go cold turkey!

Speaking of, I'm going to look into doing it with X-man and his pacifier in the next week. Expect lots of painful posts.

libbygirl said...

Glad to hear that you are having a great day! We all need them once in a while.

Anonymous said...

http://closetotheroot.blogspot.com/2008/05/in-beginning-there-was-woman.html

D- I thought you'd be interested in reading this post about parenting. It really speaks to me because my "home" meetup group is an AP group with a low % of working moms.