Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Walking

I took Riley on a walk at Meadowbrook this morning after dropping X-man off in the Panda Room. What I found reassuring was just as I was confused about what to dress X-man in for school this morning, others found just as confusing when getting themselves dressed.

I wore my usual walking pants, t-shirt and light fleece jacket. Sleeves are sometimes needed depending on the wind situation. Plus it was only 50 degrees when I dropped X-man off. 

But when I got out there and started moving, the jacket came off. I was warm. I was even sweating as I cruised through the park. Others biked or jogged past. One woman had long running pants, a long sleeve turtleneck and earmuffs. A couple had on heavy wool jackets with those wool caps that have the fleece ear warmers built in. A "professional runner" was in his leave nothing to the imagination running shorts and a tank top. It seemed everyone either thought it was freezing when they left the house that morning or was in denial that it had cooled off again. 

Either way, we got our (hope to be daily) walk in. Riley is currently passed out on the floor. 


1 comment:

Lavender Lemonade said...

Good job on the daily walk!