Friday, May 16, 2008

An average summer day

Sure it only got in the low 70's today, but it finally felt like summer. MacTroll took X-man today with his Doc and Lightning McQueen in the cacti to school(it was show and tell.) 

While they were gone, I picked up a few things and checked my mail. A few minutes later, Rogers called to ask if I wanted to go to a garage sale and help her out today. 

So, one garage sale ended up turning into three in Prairie Fields, but sadly we bought nothing. And then we packed her car full of stuff to take to the University's YMCA dump and run collection.

I could hardly believe it was almost noon when I left to go home. I got home, had some lunch and then went out and mowed the backyard, planted the happy tree (finally!) and started the trimming in the backyard around the hot tub, garden, sandbox and fence. MacTroll finished the job later.

At 2:30 p.m. I came in and took a shower and got ready to go see the Illini Baseball team take on Purdue in the first game of a doubleheader. 

We met some of our CARE friends there and had a blast. First of all, it was for some reason free tonight -- hooray! There's a new Dana in the group, who I think is just awesome, so we jabbered most of the night. She and I have a lot of similar viewing and reading habits. Plus, Lightning McColin was there, which always makes X-man happy. 

The scariest part of the whole game was when a foul ball came over the backstop and fell within a few feet of Colin's head. Next time I'm taking my glove, just in case. That scared me, Heidi and Colin a bit. I'm not sure why I didn't have the sense to shield him since I was the closest. It just kind of happened so fast. I couldn't take my eye off the ball.

Now I'm pooped. MacTroll passed out playing a computer game about 15 minutes ago. X-man was in bed and passed out around 7:30 p.m. I'm not quite sure why I'm up... just that, I think maybe something interesting in the world is happening right now and I'm missing it. :-P


3 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

There is nothing happening so go to bed. Seriously, I've been stalking you and Quigs all night looking for a new post and now I have read them and that is all that is happening. I'm on my way to bed shortly because things are BORING tonight

Loretta said...

Hi! Thanks for your congrats on finishing the thesis. :)

I know what you mean about thinking something is going on and you're missing it. I probably check the Post about 500 times a day *just in case* I'm missing something huge and important.

If you ever find yourself awake with nothing to do at/after 9:30 on a Friday night in the future and want company, give me a call/email and we can hang out. My kids are *usually* asleep by then and I'm a night owl and am up until at least midnight. It's always nicer to hang out with some pals, brownies, and some games or movies than to eat said brownies and watch a movie/troll the internet alone. ;)

(p.s.-I'm sorry--I think I'm incapable of leaving a short comment!)

Quigs78 said...

The only thing you're missing over here is me sitting at the computer while Neil packs. I should be helping, but alas.

I'm going to bed soon, though - I'm going to need my energy to deal with all of the rugrats this weekend.

So unless you want to come over here and help Neil pack (or help me watch him pack), go to bed. :)