Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blah to 14-hour days on the Go, Go, Go!

I feel like I've been everywhere and done everything today. It was a crazy full day that started at 6:45 a.m. and didn't finish until 9:15 p.m. when X-man and I walked through the door and I could finally have dinner. 

The end of the semester projects and labs are all due. I finished one two weeks in advance the other day, and I'm so happy I did because while everyone else is doing a field trip plan next week, I can continue to work on my 3-D model of an infant room for class. The assignment said to pretend there was no budget. But I kind of think my Dad was onto something when he said to try and do it on the affordable side so that it might inspire someone in a care setting. To emphasize the affordable -- my partner and I are using the leftover recycled materials from my recycled craft assignment that I did in the Turtle Room at Next Generation and with the CARE kids.

After dropping off X-man at school, I worked out to try and meet my goal to burn 2,000 calories this week. It included a 52-minute 3-mile walk with Riley. Then I did my safety assessment of my house for my First Aid class, ran some laundry, did the dishes, drank my meal replacement shakes and headed off to infant and toddler class. I rushed home and ate lunch, did more laundry, talked to MacTroll for 10 minutes, called Quigs to freak out about what he told me (nothing bad, just weird), put away laundry, took a shower and then I tried to get dressed for my award ceremony... and I ran into a good but bad problem.

I've lost 24 lbs in the last 8 weeks. All of my dress pants from teaching at Millikin are too big. So big that they fell to the floor when I put them on, so there was a "woohoo," followed by a "Shit, what am I gonna wear?" I pieced together an OLD pair of Gap black pants and some weird pink shirt I think I've only worn once or twice. I'll be frank. It didn't look good. But all the shirts I have match the skirts and the pants that were huge... and none of them matched any of the smaller clothes I had left over or inherited. 

I rushed off to the Working Women's Expo to receive my recognition. You can check out the pictures over at Quig's place.

From there, I went back across town to pick up X-man from school at 4:45 p.m. Then we returned to Urbana to drive through McDonald's for him. I deposited him safely at the sitters (I hate that he hardly saw me today except for at breakfast and bedtime. It just felt weird.) Then I dashed off to CPR class which went from 6 until 8:30 p.m. tonight.

Anyway, I owe a big thanks to Libbygirl, who ended up having to sort out a gigantic poopy mess tonight while watching my child from 5:30 until 8:45 p.m. while I was in class. 

Apparently X-man went and didn't tell her until after he and Lightning McColin had been playing outside for an hour. When I showed up he was in a spare set of clothes, bathed and his laundry was in the dryer. But the boys had a great time playing together tonight. I took over X-man's tricycle so they could ride around. And they ended up recreating the scene in the movie Cars where Lightning McQueen gets stuck in the cactus and Mater pulls him out. They apparently took turns switching characters, according to X-man.

I shoved some dinner down my mouth and then took X-man up to bed, where it took him a long, long time to fall asleep. 


3 comments:

Cyberchick said...

Woohoo!!! No clothes that fit - what an awesome problem to have! You are looking great!!

Mary said...

24 pounds! Wow! Congrats!!!!!

ktdid said...

You look great, D:) AND, congrats on your recognition. You don't get it nearly enough.