Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm tired

I've been on my feet all day today, which is not unusual, because I've been that way ever since I recovered from my sinus disease last March. Now it appears as if everyone I know is getting some illness or another. I know germs cause illness, but I'm going to blame the stupid weather and the 40-degree temperature difference between rising at 7:30 and playing with X-man in the sandbox at 4 p.m.

I keep waiting for the end of the spring semester to come. I think when it does I'm going to drive X-man to school, come home and sleep all day. It's been a sprint since the end of spring break. And I owe so much to my fabulous friends who not only keep me sane, but keep my kiddo for me while I go to weight management meetings and to my CPR/First Aid class on Wednesday and Thursday evenings this month. Seriously, it's so nice to know that he's safe and happy playing with his buddies. 

Now that I've got my homework under control and the backyard on its way to being prepared for Saturday's CARE egg hunt (we do things post Easter to get some good sales), I'm finally settling down to get my work done on the CCHS May newsletter. As usual, it's got some fun pet-related info in it. So if you're not a subscriber, go to cuhumane.org and sign up for it. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to ship my draft off to the editorial board. They'll return it on Monday and then I'll make the corrections and send it to our awesome designer, Barb. I enjoy doing it, but sometimes I feel guilty when school or illness throw my schedule off a bit. 

In other news, X-man is being three. And I'm learning that being three often is the same as being a hoser. Last night, he eyed his big boy underwear in the drawer, sifted through them carefully and chose a pair. I got semi-excited that he might want to wear them over his night-time diaper. Alas, he thought about it and then shoved them in his mouth and chewed on them like he was a goat. He followed this up by getting himself completely dressed for bed and then announcing he had to use the potty. So off came the pants and the diaper, and to the potty we went. He dumped his urine into the big potty. He flushed. He washed the pee pee out of the little potty and then he wore the clean little potty on his head back to his room.

Sigh. He's having a hard time calming down for bed time. Even with timelines (10 minutes until...) and our regular routine. Tonight it took him until 10 p.m. Last night 10:15 p.m... he napped yesterday at school (they had to wake him up at 2:30 and he went down at noon) but today he wouldn't nap at all. 

It also looks like MacTroll is coming down with a cold. He thought it was allergies, but the Claritin generic was doing nothing for him. He took one of my Cold and Sinus Severe Pain meds and felt some relief. 

Tomorrow is a day to get stuff done. First is CCHS. Second is my house. I'm hoping the large, gusting wind calms down a bit to go picnic at the park for dinner. If it's still windy, I'm bringing my kite.

No comments: