Monday, April 13, 2009

Coming Clean

I've been feeling some guilt for the last few weeks because I've been keeping two topics off of my blog. Mostly, I needed some time to myself with them, but as one of them is approaching and well, the other will answer some questions if you haven't seen me in a while or if I refuse a dinner invitation... 

Roger Rogers and Quigs nominated me to be one of the 20 Outstanding Women You Should Know in East Central Illinois. It's a local radio contest through the Illini Radio Group. They based their nomination off of the community organizing work that I do as well as my history of volunteering. I was picked as one of the 20 winners. They're doing the announcements at the Working Women's Expo this Thursday at the Holiday Inn in Urbana from 3-7 p.m. Since I have class that night... they have to get to me by 4:30 p.m., so I can pick up X-man and take him to Libbygirl's before I head off to CPR class. However, for those of you who might be interested in going, admission is free and there's some kind of Bacardi cocktail club hour later that evening.

The other secret is that on Feb. 19, I began the Carle Weight Management program. Things are going pretty well, but the program is very strict. It's a lot like food rehab. Some days I'm a champ and other days I feel like I'm struggling. There are four required components of the program and I usually do 3 really well and just squeak in meeting the 4th. I get free stuff if you decide to take the plunge and tell them I referred you... and it's kind of expensive, but howdy ho does it work (although it's not a walk in the park -- no surprise there). So, if down the line you happen to find yourself to be obese -- think of me fondly when you go to your free informational meeting with Amy the nutritionist to check out the program. :-)

So there, I shared. 


3 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Look at you being all open and honest! :)

You totally deserve the award! I'm excited to see you get it.

And you're working your ass off on the program - you should be proud. I'm proud of you! :)

The Fearless Freak said...

I'm agreeing with Quigs. You absolutely deserve the award. I've always wanted to nominate someone but never known anyone cool enough. When Rogers emailed asking for input on the nomination, I realized that I finally do know someone. And then you went and won, which is even better.

And good for you for the rocking the program. I waver between thinking I need to do "something" and being selfish and all about my instant gratification and saying screw it. :)

Amy said...

Oh, how I wish I could come and cheer loudly and embarrass you (and Quigs in the process) but I have no one to watch my children. I will be there in spirit! You Rock!!

Speaking of rockin': you were rocking those jeans on Sat. You look awesome. I'm serious, I can totally see the hard work has paid off. You look great!!!