Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Neil Street Pull Over Number 2

So two weeks ago Mr. Quigs got pulled over on Neil while rushing to have dinner with his family on his birthday. 

Last night coming back from a business dinner at the Beef House, MacTroll also got pulled over. He knew about the speed traps in town this spring/summer, so he meanders along, mostly because he drives a sports car, which means people notice how fast he's going. 

It was a University cop that got him, but the absolute confusion on MacTroll's face when the police officer told him his plate registration had expired last October must have made him show some mercy because MacTroll only got a warning.

But he came home and bothered me about it. I reminded him that my plates are up-to-date, so we'd have to figure out what happened. Did I pay for it and give him the stickers and he threw them on his desk somewhere? Did the bill get lost in the mail? He changed his address on his license when we moved in summer of 2007, and we registered his car then, so why wouldn't we have gotten the bill in 2008?

And then we started remembering that I was annoyed that the DMV notice came forwarded for my car in August 2008, which was also when our 1-year forwarding address expired. I remember that I thought it was stupid that even though I updated my license, that I also had to do a separate address change online for the car registration. Because apparently those two things don't update at the same time. 

MacTroll's registration was after the forwarding order had expired, so it was probably returned to Jesse White's office... and, well, if a bill comes to our house I pay it. If it doesn't... I don't usually think about it.

So now MacTroll's gotta go down to the DMV and figure out his license plate situation. And MacTroll doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the DMV. When he renewed his license -- he had to go 4 times to get it right. But that's a whole different story.

2 comments:

The Fearless Freak said...

A few years ago, we didn't get a renewal notice. I went to DMV and bitched about it and was told "we send those as a courtesy, we don't have to and don't always send them. It is your responsibility to remember to renew your plate every year"

Personally, I think that sucks. But they are DMV and basically hold our lives in their hands and there isn't much we can do about it :(

Quigs78 said...

Ooh, I just got mine the other day. I should probably take care of that. Because if I get pulled over, I'm not good about the shocked/sad looks. I normally get bitchy and that doesn't impress the officers much. (I was also in my teens then, so maybe I've matured a bit with age. *snicker*)