Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friends, Felines and Fun Frolicking

Right now I'm sitting on my bed covered in cats. Nyssa is at my feet. Clawdio is at my laptop headbutting my hands as I type, and Maya is in my lap sprawled across my left arm. Luke's not too far away. He's sleeping, belly up, on a pile of Joel's dirty laundry. 

Downstairs, my pre-schooler has passed out on the couch at 5:30 p.m. We'll have to wake him up at 6:30 to take him to the planetarium to meet up with our friends and see a movie. 

I'm not sure why the cats are so sleepy, other than the fact that they're geriatric. But X-man has had a full day of watching marathoners, playing outside (he loved climbing our pile of mulch as well has helping me spread it, cut the weed barrier with his tiny scissors and using his little shovel to put the mulch in the wheelbarrow) and watching Word World. (iTunes is having a sale where Kids TV eps are 99 cents instead of $1.99 right now). 

We've spent most of the day outside, which is pretty much how our lives go when the weather is warm. Even Riley is worn out. We've spent the last two days surrounded by our friends at some planned and unplanned adventures. Since it was cold, Special K and the Wonder Twins met us at the Mall yesterday, where we ran into a slew of kids from Next Generation at the car area. Then Harley showed up with WW and JB. X-man was excited to eat lunch at Subway in the food court. It took him an hour to finish a ham sandwich since he was so into people watching. He didn't nap. So by the time CleverC came over to hang out while her parents went to dinner, he was running on manic fumes of energy. 

At the marathon we cheered on our friends and saw a few people we knew that were running. MacTroll caught up with his friend Vonda, who is a photographer for the paper. Quigs and I went shopping at One Week Boutique. I told her my experience at OWB was 50/50. I either bought quite a bit, or I didn't buy anything. Today I didn't buy anything. But we did have the pleasure of seeing Make_up_girl while she was volunteering. She got in early as a volunteer and got loads of great stuff, which is awesome.

Afterward, Quigs and I went to All Things Kids, where we have store credit from things we've sold. Well, I had store credit. Until I found some used Melissa and Doug Puzzles for X-man, a swim suit and some other things. Quigs found out she sold her double stroller and was very excited about shopping for "free."

Then I made her get me a diet soda, and we sat in her car for an hour chatting about life. Usually when we hang out we have the kiddos or we're in a large group. We've had so much going on that it was nice to be face to face and to chatter for a bit. 

I can't believe there's still one more day to my weekend. I have to dye some noodles tonight after the planetarium meet up for an activity I'm teaching on Monday in the Turtle Room. I'm on my own this week, with lots of stuff to do and not quite sure how the timing on everything is going to go. But it always figures itself out. :-) 

4 comments:

makeup_girl said...

Wow! You have had one busy day!
It was great to see you and Quigs today. I wish I would have had a few minutes to chat. Sorry you didn't find anything this time around.

Quigs78 said...

After a good visit from the ILs, you were the cherry on top of my day. :)

But seriously, shopping for free was so fun! Let's go back in a few weeks and see what "new" stuff they have out...

Mama2SweetBabyJames said...

I am on my own this week too, as DH is in Salt Lake City. We should start a support group for the programmers' widows. *LOL*

Amy said...

I really like that All Things Kids store. I've never consigned anything but I bought, pretty much, JB's entire summer wardrobe there for $25. I could have gotten, maybe, 3 outfits from OWB for that much. I did find a few things at the OWB half-price sale, but their prices are OUTRAGEOUS!!

Glad you had a good Saturday!