Monday, April 27, 2009

A Quick Update

We had a heap of fun this weekend and a few surprises. Our biggest surprise came after X-man took a shower on Sunday. Then he watched as MacTroll brushed his hair and his teeth. He got his comb and imitated these self-care habits.

When MacTroll went to use the toilet, X-man ran down the hall to his bathroom, shut the door, made a ruckus, flushed the toilet and came out smiling like crazy. "I went poopy, Mommy!"

"You mean pee, pee?"

"No, poopy!"

And being the Mom I am, I took a wipe to his bottom and sure enough he'd used the potty.

Later that night, he broke the side tabs on his pull up, so I took them off and then put his shorts over them. We were in the neighbor's front yard chatting and delivering them some Jarling's. Suddenly, X-man said, "Have to pee -- now!"

I yanked down his pants and he peed in the front yard. It was like five drops, but his brain seems to kind of start registering the process. 

We'll see what happens. 

In other news, I have started to have fantasies of being alone. So, I booked my annual Loosey-only vacation to Montreal. I'm going up in August for a long weekend. Hopefully, I'll get to meet my friends' son, get a visit from the Kellys and get some sleep. I'm also hoping I'll be done with my Carle Weight Management program by then, so I can eat a little more freely. But in case I'm not, I skipped the hotel and rented an apartment on the plateau. 

Now I have to go back prepping for my activity that I'm teaching to the Turtles at 3:30. 


1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

Awesome job, X-man!! Bubba was kicking ass with the pull-ups for about two days, then started asking for diapers and not pull-ups. I'm trying really hard to be patient here.

And yay for Looseycations! I don't need to tell you that you deserve it...you know that already. :)