Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pushing the Buttons

X-man has been obsessed with pushing buttons since he was around 9 months old. He pulled himself to standing for the first time trying to get at my laptop that I left on a chair when going to the bathroom. When I came back, there was my infant trying to figure out how to reach to the very back of the deep chair to get at the computer.

Things haven't changed. He pushed the dishwasher on/off button at our old house to hear the beep all the time. He is a pain at the doctor's office trying to figure out what the scale buttons do, if he can give himself a hearing test, if the red button on the phone really does call an ambulance (if your kid is similar, we recommend that you unplug the phone line cord from the phone in all hotels and waiting rooms). 

Several months ago on a complete impulse buy we purchased X-man a Sesame Street computer game. Then we got tired of him trying to figure out how to use the trackball on the desktop and put it away for a while. I pulled it out today, on a cloudy dismal day, to see what would happen. He sat on my lap for a little while and then pushed me away. "Go away Mommy. I do it all by myself."

Okay. I've got laundry to do anyway. 

So now he's in there playing games, listening to songs, doing painting on the computer... 

In other news, at lunch today X-man announced he needed to go pee pee in the potty and off we ran to the bathroom. He stood up to pee, which was awesome because we lost the Charlie and Lola bag with his travel potty seat sometime after our return from Indy over 4 weeks ago. Of course, 15 minutes later he pooped in his pull up, but you know, I'm still calling it progress. 

No comments: