Friday, October 3, 2008

Cough, sniffle "Mommy HUG!"

I was up last night until 1:30 a.m. cleaning the house and preparing for a meetup at my house. Every six months I host a swap for all the kid stuff our group might be storing in their houses. It gives folks a chance to clean out their closets and pass some good stuff on to other families in our group. It's always free and people tend to carry in stuff to use as much as they carry out for the most part. It's one big giant potluck, too.

Unfortunately, MacTroll and I noticed the X-man got a bit of a cough yesterday. Then last night while he was sleeping it was worse because he was lying down. So this morning I hauled him off to the pediatrician's office. Where X-man had issues getting weighed, but once he was in the exam room helping the nurse take his temperature, he was fine. 

I read "Dragon in a Wagon" twice for him. Then he said, "People! Where are you?" I explained that we had to wait our turn to see the doctor. He said, "People! We're waiting!" It was very cute. 

He let Dr. See look in his ears and his "boogey" nose. Then he opened his mouth really wide for her and was really great while she listened to his lungs and heart. Unfortunately, he has a respiratory infection. So I had to cancel the swap and we're going to just chill out at home this weekend. I'm still coaching the CARE soccer group tomorrow a.m. But X-man will stay home with Daddy until I get back. It also means I miss out on beer with "A La Sass."

Other than that, I'm going to restore all of the stuff I sorted out last night and put it back in the garage. I'm really tired and was hoping to grab a nap (X-man won't give it up). 


4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon! And I hope you get some rest, too!

The Fearless Freak said...

Dude, I think I infected the whole playgroup :( Now I feel really bad. Hopefully, X-man will fell better soon and hopefully, you can get some rest too

Amy said...

Yeah, WW's had it since Sunday night. She was up all night but ready to run all day. So not a good combo.

Tuesday night up all night again. I finally had to break down and give her some IBU so she would sleep and she did, finally Wed. night.

Hope X-man gets well soon =)

Lindsay said...

No fear on the beer--I've got green boogey noses and the start of coughs here too (so fearless freak, it couldn't just be you passing it around).

I hope X-man is on the mend, and I hope we get to grab that beer soon. After this weekend, we'll probably both need one.