Monday, October 27, 2008

Tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow!

The first night MacTroll leaves is always hell. Last night, X-man went to bed perfectly. No fights and an hour early (that's right, he was asleep by 8 p.m.) because he didn't nap and spent almost 2 hours at the Urbana Aquatic Center with the Lemonade Family and some of our other CARE friends. 

But I couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned. The dog pawed at me to go outside several times. He's pissed off because, unlike a much nicer MacTroll, I've got him in his big e-collar 24/7. He's been licking his paws due to allergies and licked them to the point of getting yeast infections. So I've been putting the stuff on them from our vet and incasing him in plastic. So he bashes into all the walls as he sulks, gets his head stuck on the baby gate, etc.

X-man wandered into my room around 2 a.m. last night. He was demanding breakfast and trying to pull me out of bed. I had to explain that we had almost 6 hours until breakfast and he needed to go back to sleep. I got him a drink of water, which he sucked back. He finally did fall asleep around 3 a.m., but only if he laid on his back while on top of me. 

Giant king-sized bed. And I was the kid's mattress. Once he fell asleep, I rolled him off. But he was like a big log, so I ended up getting up and moving to MacTroll's side of the bed.

I woke up at 6 a.m., took a shower and just lay next to X-man staring at him thinking of all the bad shit that happens to little kids and what a crappy world it is that angers me so much when I think about it for too long. 

Then the usual morning stuff happened... with a fight after breakfast because X-man didn't want to wear a coat or shoes. He didn't care how cold it was. So I buckled him into his car seat and put them on in the parking lot at school. Then I skipped the gym to come home and wait for big delivery number 1: my new MacBook.

I got a call from UPS saying it would be here today sometime between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Usually they deliver at our house between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. But it's 1:46 p.m. right now and I'm so tired from all the interrupted sleep, but I'm afraid if I go upstairs and try to nap, I'll nap through the doorbell. 

So, I cleaned the downstairs bathroom. And I picked up the toys and put away the clean dishes and put the dirty ones in the dishwasher. I cleaned up my stuff for the swap that's on the dining room table. I worked on holiday/birthday gift buying. I cleaned up X's art table... you know how it goes. The repetitive stuff that I do pretty much all the time, but doesn't seem to make a difference in the actual cleanliness of my house. Maybe I'll feel more productive tomorrow, if I get some decent sleep tonight.

Oooh, doorbell. I bet that's my new computer! Glory be, I get to go take a nap!

4 comments:

Lavender Lemonade said...

Good use of time, impressive. And boy do I know the feeling..."I'd give my kingdom for a...nap."

Anonymous said...

did it come?

adjusting to someone beside you and then immediately adjusting to them NOT beside you on a regular basis is hard.

Kisses to Xman. There's an envelope on its way today.

SunnyD said...

Yup, it's here, but without Joel I have no way of getting it onto the network... So I just put it away until he comes home on Thursday.

Anonymous said...

if you need someone to fire it up and take it for a spin before he gets back I totally volunteer, though you may get an old white cracked one back in its place.

:)

-RF