Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's His Prerogative

So 2 months ago, X-man and I started talking about Halloween. I showed him photos from his first two when he was a rhino and a white tiger. And I asked him what he'd like to be.

He said, "Builder. Bob the Builder."

So, I got a Bob the Builder tool belt and a hard hat and showed them to him. He wore the belt and the hat (which needs to be adjusted) for about a week. Now he just likes to play with the tools.

Last night in bath, he was talking to me about my bee costume. Then he said MacTroll should be a gorilla. I brought up him being a builder and he said, "No! I'm a cow. Moo!"

Sigh.

Then this morning as he sat in his secondary baby seat (which happens to have a cow print cover) he mooed again and talked about Halloween. Before he said, "No Moo Cow! Wanna be a doggie. Woof!"

Crap. 

My fear is that we'll get to the actual Halloween and he won't want to wear his Bob the Builder costume. Sigh. We wait so long for them to express an opinion and speak up for themselves... and, of course, we don't always agree. So it undermines all of my good planning. :-)

No comments: