Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy and Perky Post


Maybe it's because I have hair that's a bit Catherine Banning meets Mary Tyler Moore, but the truth is that I'm pretty perky today.

MacTroll is home for the week. X-man is being awesome. He seems to be pretty mellow. I hit the gym again this morning and did 35 minutes on the elliptical while watching The West Wing (and really, does it get better than Bradley Whitford as Josh?) and then I went to stretch class from 9-9:25 p.m. 

I set the program on the thermostat for winter temperatures. It's very likely the heat will turn on tonight. I love that X-man is in love with Sesame Street. He's wearing a 4T set of Thomas overalls this morning that MacTroll told me he'd never fit into when I bought them at the resale shop last week. But they fit perfectly. He's such a "big boy."

Apple stock has been up and down with the rest of the market. But they reported really good earnings... so they've been slightly bouncing back even while the rest of the market is bombing, but I have no control over that so I'm focusing on what I do have control over. Hanging out with the people I love. And tonight I had dinner with a group of friends who are just high quality people. There's a shortage of them in the world (kind of like perfect breasts, if you're a fan on of the Princess Bride). So, I am very thankful to have so many.

Overall, I'm a pretty happy camper. I'm toning the perky down a bit since I know it makes some people nervous and annoys others. But right now, life is good. I'm watching X-man wear his new Teddy Bear slippers from the Gap. He's trying to figure out how to put them on himself, but it's somewhat frustrating. Mommy's mule slippers are so much easier! 

4 comments:

libbygirl said...

I was telling Tory about your new do and Colin added, "Ms. Dana's hair is beautiful." He also said that the turtle's shell is beautiful, so I am sure that it is the highest of compliments.

iamarogers said...

I love the haircut. I am glad it makes you feel perky. I can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

cheers to a good week and a great cut!

~rachel~ said...

So cute!! I love the color!