Monday, October 6, 2008

To Hell in a Handbasket

I'm done. Put a fork in me.

Seriously.

I'm sick. Like the kind of sick where you have so much shit in the back of your throat from your nose and glands draining all night that you can't talk when you first wake up. Instead you have to sit there all silent and annoyed for 20 minutes as the stuff runs down your sore throat. You can do things like gargle, suck on Ricolas and brush your teeth. But really, it's just such a shitty way to wake up.

Then there's the whole part where I'm contagious. MacTroll took X-man to school. He's got energy and is feeling better but still has a small cough first thing when he wakes up. But I didn't even get to see him this a.m. And we kept him away from me last night.

Then there's the fact that I don't feel like reading a book. And my head pounds when I stand up. So I'm on the internet, which is filled with nothing but ugly political news or disgusting economic woes. The kind of thing that reminds me that I've lost an obscene amount of money this month in retirement and college savings plans for X-man. I worry about those. MacTroll watches stock prices. But the whole thing makes me feel like adding vomiting to my list of symptoms. 

So I'm done. Someone give me some good news. I know by Wednesday, I'll feel better. But right now I'm tired of hearing Obama call John McCain erratic and McCain (through Palin) calling Obama a friend of terrorists. Can we just gag them until the election? Oh wait, as of next Monday I can vote... and then it won't matter. They can say whatever they want. I'll be done and wash my hands of the whole thing until we have a winner.

And then I'll just keep trucking... 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our new dog Ruby is getting more doggy everyday. She had a ball with a husky all weekend. We should meet up with the dogs at Clinton Lake when you are well. Also, we are considering making similar plans to yours for Dec 20.

The Fearless Freak said...

dude,birthday cake :)

Lavender Lemonade said...

Go sit outside in the sunshine... its a beautiful day.

SunnyD said...

Dudes, I complain and Rayne offers me happy doggie lake time, Rogers brought me a cherry limeade, Freak brought me cake, Lavender reminds me to enjoy my outside...

MacTroll calls me freaked out about the market and makes me feel like I should be stockpiling my cupboards with canned goods.

Seriously. Ladies I'd be in big trouble without you.

Cyberchick said...

Unless you are hiding your age and are actually 55 (botox?), you shouldn't be worried! I read somewhere we will likely live through six more recessions in our lifetime - doesn't that sound great!! Your retirement savings have another 25-30 years to sit, and surely the market will go up sometime! YAY for being 30 something!!!

Feel better???!

(ps-teaching TS Friday, expecting to see you and QUIGS there)

-B. said...

We're sick, too! Hope you are feeling better. Gee, I can't think of anything else to say. Mommy brain plus having a cold really makes ideas go... Oh hey, I heard the other day that your brain actually shrinks when you have a baby. It's like a medical fact. We need more Omega 3's to build it back up.

I'm looking at the "word verification" box and it's completely confusing to me. ??? I think I stared at it for two minutes to make sure I typed it correctly.