Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Damn dinosaurs

So, here's the deal. My kid is afraid of dinosaurs. He has dreams about them chasing him and eating him. He'll play with his toy dinosaurs just fine because they're smaller than he his. But he won't watch anything that has a dinosaur in it or read a book with dinosaurs. And now, I guess the toy of the season at Target -- the answer to that real-life pony (for "boys") -- is a giant animatronic dinosaur. It scared the bejeezus out of him the last time we walked past the toy section.

His pronunciation isn't quite perfect. So this morning's discussion over an episode of Harold and the Purple Crayon who visits the dinosaurs came out.

"No dino-whores, Mommy! Scary. No biting! Different Harold, please!"

In the episode, Harold saves a baby dinosaur. So they're not scary. But I guess I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to watch dino-whores either.

8 comments:

~rachel~ said...

Dino-whores scare me too :)
That's sad about the dreams, Rowan's never told me about a dream before, maybe he doesn't remember.

So is he even scared of Barney?

SunnyD said...

Crap, I'm scared of Barney! Well, the dinosaur. I'm rather fond of Barney from How I met your mother...

Laura Wells said...

My youngest was terrified of Kosh balls. You know those rubber balls with the straight pieces of rubber sticking out everywhere? They are never completely still and always quiver. She would scream and scream whenever it came out which of course my hubby thought was funny.

Quigs78 said...

Dinosluts are pretty scary, too.

Poor X-man. Bubba loves to watch the dino at Target, but it's a love/hate thing. He'll push the button to watch it go, but he always takes a few steps back when it starts.

Amy said...

Maybe that's why the dinosaurs became extinct. Too many dino-whores.

Quigs78 said...

And they all died of dino-STDs?

Misc said...

My boy is 7 and a half and STILL loves the dinos. Thankfully, it's dinosaurs he loves and not dino-whores (I'm praying it stays that way - only good dinos for my boy).

Evan would be a very happy camper if the world was made out of Lego and populated with robots and dinosaurs.

Baby dinos are always cute. Even the meat eaters.

Lindsay said...

Oh let's just hope that someday the boy continues to be afraid of the dino-whores, it's a defense mechanism that may save him well.

Owen is going to be a dinosaur (no whores here) for Halloween, and Emmett is going to be a baby dinosaur . . . so ya may want to avoid trick or treating in this neck of the woods.